If you suffer from neck pain, it is important to take a well-rounded approach to the treatment plan. Even though it is a good idea to reach out to a healthcare professional, you need to think about things you can do at home to alleviate neck pain as well. You may not realize just how much your sleeping position impacts the health and well-being of your neck. If you do not have a solid mattress and pillow, you may have a difficult time making a full recovery. Take a look at some of the most important factors you should consider when you are looking for a pillow for neck pain, and consider some of the top options below.
How To Choose a Pillow for Neck Pain
If you are looking for a pillow for neck pain, there are a few factors you should consider. They include:
- Your Sleeping Position: You need to think about your sleeping position. If you tend to sleep on your back, then you may be looking for a pillow that is a bit closer to the surface of the bed. If you tend to sleep on your side, then you may need a pillow that is a bit taller for some additional support.
- The Strength of the Pillow: You also need to make sure the pillow is softer enough to keep you comfortable yet firm enough to support the rest of your head. The firmness of the pillow was going to determine where your head comes to rest. If the pillow is too firm, it may place too much pressure on your ears. On the other hand, if the pillow is too soft, and may not provide any support at all.
- The Pressure: You need to make sure the pillow is not going to place too much pressure on your head. If it doesn’t provide enough pressure relief, you will wake up with knots in your neck. Try to choose a pillow that is the appropriate shape and size for your sleeping position, and make sure it doesn’t create any hot spots on your neck, head, or ears.
- The Shape: Finally, you need to consider the shape of the pillow as well. Today, manufacturers provide a wide variety of pillows that come in all shapes and sizes. Some people like to add an additional roll underneath their neck in addition to a regular pillow. Even though this may not be right for you, do not hesitate to explore different shapes.
Of course, you need to think about the price as well. At some point, you get what you pay for, but you do not necessarily need to buy the most expensive pillow if you want to treat neck pain.
With all of this in mind, what are some of the pillows you should consider for neck pain?
1. The Saatva Latex Pillow
One of the first options you may want to consider is the Saatva Latex Pillow. This is a pillow that has a soft latex core that creates a comfortable, balanced feel when you go to sleep at night. It also has a wide variety of removable components that allow you to customize the pillow to meet your needs. It comes with a breathable organic cotton cover that will keep you cool at night as well.
This is a good pillow if you tend to get hot at night, as the cotton cover will keep you cool. The pillow also allows you to adjust the loft easily, making it suitable for a wide variety of sleepers.
2. Silk and Snow Pillow
If you are looking for an affordable pillow that will help you alleviate neck pain, you may be interested in the Silk and Snow Pillow. This is one of the most comfortable pillows available. It has an adjustable loft, and it has been made using both memory foam and faux down. It will conform to the shape of your head, and it is ideal for people who like softer pillows. If you feel like you may have to change your loft from time to time, this may be a good pillow for you.
3. The GhostBed GhostPillow
Another attractive option to consider is the GhostBed GhostPillow. This is a pillow that comes with shredded memory foam. You can add or remove the memory foam to change the loft of the pillow. It also comes with a cover made of cooling Ghost ice fabric that will keep you cool. You can even try it out for 101 nights risk-free, sending it back with no questions asked.
This is a great pillow if you are looking to alleviate pressure on your neck. It can also help you stay cool at night. Finally, it has a favorable price when compared to other neck pain pillows on the market.
4. The Eli and Elm Cotton Side-Sleeper Pillow
As the name suggests, this is a good pillow for people who like to sleep on their side. It has an organic shape, which will help you stay comfortable. This pillow gives you the ability to adjust the loft and firmness easily. You can add or remove the filling to change the texture of the pillow, but the pillow does have a relatively high loft because it is meant for people who sleep on their side. The unique design can also help people who are struggling with shoulder pain.
5. The Birch Organic Pillow
If you are looking for a sustainable pillow, this is the one for you. It is ideal for people who sleep on their backs because it has a relatively low loft. It also features organic wool padding. With plenty of organic cotton on the cover, it will wick away moisture, making it ideal for people who are worried about sweating too much at night. It also comes with shredded Talalay latex that will mold to the shape of your head and neck.
Consider giving a few of these pillows a try. Then, do not forget to reach out to Doctor Wagner for help with neck pain.
Work With Doctor Wagner for Help With Neck Pain in Florida
If you are looking for help with neck pain in the local Daytona area, it is important for you to find a good pillow that can support your neck at night. It is also critical to reach out to a chiropractor who can make sure everything is properly aligned. At Doctor Wagner, it would be our pleasure to assist you. Give us a call today to make an appointment with our team!