When To See a Chiropractor?
If you are looking for a healthcare provider who is going to take the time to listen to your complaints and tailor the treatment plans to meet your unique needs, then you should see a chiropractor. At the same time, there are a lot of people who may not be entirely sure when they should see a chiropractor in Daytona Beach, Florida. They might be wondering if the problem is simply going to get better on its own or if there is something they can do at home. There are several key circumstances where individuals should visit a chiropractor for help with a variety of healthcare issues.
When To See a Chiropractor for Back Pain
One of the most common reasons why people might seek the help of a chiropractor has to do with that pain. Furthermore, back pain is actually the leading cause of disability both in the United States as well as worldwide. There are several key signs that people should know that indicates it is time to see a chiropractor for back pain. Some of the most common examples include:
Shooting Pains Traveling Down the Legs: One of the major signs it is time to see a chiropractor for back pain is shooting pains that travel down the legs. If there is pain that starts in the back and travels down the legs, this could be a sign of a herniated disc in the back. This injury takes place when one of the discs between the vertebrae in the back ruptures, leading to irritation of the nerves in the spinal cord. The most common place for this injury to occur is the tween L3 and L4 or L4 and L5.
Severe Weakness in the Legs: If you feel like your legs are incredibly weak and keep giving out, this could be a sign of sciatica. The sciatic nerve is the largest nerve in the body, traveling down the back before it divides and enters the legs. If the sciatic nerve becomes irritated, then this could cause your legs to feel weak, causing them to give out from time to time.
Following Back Surgery: Finally, if you have had back surgery recently, then it is time to visit a chiropractor. While the back surgery might fix your acute problem, you also have to complete the recovery process by strengthening areas of your body that are vulnerable to repeat entry. A chiropractor can help you with this.
When To See a Chiropractor for Neck Pain
Another common reason why people seek the help of a chiropractor has to do with neck pain. You may not realize how much work your neck does on a regular basis; however, your neck plays an important role when you drive, work at the computer, cook, clean, and numerous other times throughout the day. Some of the major signs that it is time to see a chiropractor for neck pain include:
- You are having trouble looking both ways before you pull your car out of the driveway or through an intersection
- You have woken up with a cute neck stiffness several days in a row
- You feel like you are having trouble working at the computer because your neck keeps getting tired
- You notice that your shoulders are getting tired, particularly when you try to lift something over your head
These are all signs that there could be a problem with the muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your neck, which a chiropractor can address.
When To See a Chiropractor After a Car Accident
A car accident can happen at any time. If you have been involved in a car accident, then it is a good idea to see a chiropractor right away. Even if an ambulance takes you to the emergency room first, you should still take the time to see a chiropractor and make sure that you are recovery process is on the right track. One of the most common injuries that a chiropractor can treat following an accident include:
- Dashboard knee, which is a sprain of the posterior cruciate ligament (PCL)
- Concussions, what can lead to multiple types of headaches
- Muscle strains, including those in the hips, neck, and back
- Whiplash, which is a sprain of the upper cervical ligament in the neck that takes place when the head bounces back and forth quickly
When To See a Chiropractor After a Sports Injury
Finally, it is also a good idea to see a chiropractor for sports injuries. Anyone who is unable to compete due to an injury or is concerned that a repeat injury may happen in the future should see a chiropractor. Some of the ways that a chiropractor can address sports injuries include:
- A chiropractor can help athletes who have recently had surgery by providing physical therapy to strengthen previously injured parts of the body
- A chiropractor can prevent injuries from returning in the future
- A chiropractor can also help athletes by properly aligning the ligaments, tendons, and bones in the legs, hips, back, and neck, ensuring their bodies operate at peak performance
Contact a Chiropractor in Daytona Beach, Florida
If you are looking for a chiropractor in Daytona Beach, Florida, then look no further than Dr. Wagner. We will tailor all of our treatment plans to meet the unique needs of our patients. Contact us today to make an appointment with a member of our team!